Monday, June 18, 2012

For Lindsay with an A.

1) I've been trying to write a certain song, but it turns out someone already wrote it and put it in this beautiful show I saw tonight. Another weird coincidence, and I'm wrecked and smiling--feeling the beauty, the sadness, and the hilarity (and add a little extra hilarity that I've come to expect it).

2) I love watching someone watching someone they love on stage. It is beautiful, and it makes me so happy. More than that, I love peeking over while their love is pretending to love someone else on stage. If they are still beaming, that's when it melts my heart. I want to capture it and show it to all the pessimists.

3) But this post is really for L. She bought me a pre-show drink. She sat next to me while I laughed and cried at the same time. She marveled right along with me--and maybe laughed and cried a little, too. Then she came home with me and killed a centipede in my bathtub.
I just walked her down to Badass and Tex's, and I smiled the whole way home. She moves through life with an awareness of the world that is really special. I don't say this lightly--she is such a good person. Truly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment